One week to go, and I'm dreading the days passing. I wish I could stop them and just keep Russ home with me. Yes, it's his duty as a member of the USAF to deploy- but he really belongs home with me.
Part of me wants it to just get here already so I can say goodbye, deal with those emotions and get him home again. I desperately want life to be normal again.
The other part of me is terrified of going to bed each night because I know it's one less night we have together until he gets back.
Add all of those emotions to Hurricane Hanna coming. I've heard a rumor that they may leave early. I am not at all prepared for Russ to leave early. I dread Tuesday, but I'm prepared for that. I am NOT prepared for a minute earlier than he has to go. I am not at all prepared to weather a hurricane and possible power outages and house damages alone. The thought terrifies me.
I am a bundle of crazy emotions right now. It's easier to type them and to try to hide them until the next morning when Russ is at work. I know he'll read this when he's gone, but it will be easier then. He doesn't need the stress and anxieties I have right now on top of his own.
Russ- I love you, I am so blessed to have you as my husband. You ARE my best friend. These next few months will be so hard, but I find strength in knowing you will be back and I will appreciate you even more than I do now. God has given me the best gift in you and our precious little girl. I love you more than you will ever know and thank God daily for allowing me to be in your life.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment